Tuesday, November 28, 2006

BLOG STATS

I like to look at my blog statistics from time to time, just to get a feel for who’s been around, and what they’ve been looking for. The Google search terms people have entered (and have found my blog as a result) are the most fascinating stats.

Most often, the search terms are Dharmendra-related (seeing as this is – technically – a blog in praise of all things Dharmendra-related). Typical ones (paraphrased): ‘Dharmendra and Hema’s Bollywood romance’, ‘Dharmendra: Bollywood star as father’, ‘Dharmendra fan’, ‘Dharmendra handsome superstar’, ‘Best Dharmendra films’, etc. The most interesting Dharmendra-related one I’ve come across so far is: ‘Why Hema Malini still looks sexy’. I love that one. Not exactly sure what the Googler was hoping to find (night cream, milk baths, lotion, love, hair oil, sunshine, religion, dance?), but… it’s interesting.

There are other Googlers in search of a bit of Bollywood goss: ‘Friendship between Kajol and SRK’ was a recent one; and there’ve been things like ‘Juhi and SRK relationship’, ‘Kareena Kapoor said … (can't remember what)’ and ‘Aamir Khan marriage’ in the past as well…

Some Googlers are just looking for info on (and pictures from) their fave movies – there’ve been loads of ‘Yeh Vaada Raha’ Googlers, as well as a few ‘Dil Ka Rishta’ fans. Most Googlers that hit upon this blog are just interested in their favourite movie stars (apart from Dharmendra). There’ve been (paraphrased) terms like ‘Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan acting couple’, ‘Amitabh Bachchan best movies’, ‘Abishek Bachchan in Bluffmaster’, ‘Ash pictures in Veer Zaara and Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam’, ‘Jaya Bhaduri movies’, ‘Jaya Bachchan has said Kajol is a great actress’ (I agree), and so on.
And how can I forget the Monalisa Chinda and Mike Ezuruonye fans who always come by to nick my screencaps (from the Nollywood guest blog I did a while back). Can't hate though, I'm just glad that Nollywood actors have such a strong fanbase.

I know this is a slightly random post, but that’s one of the things I like about the internet…. Randomness is always encouraged.

4 comments:

Uzo said...

Very very random...LOL. R we still on for this sunday? People are telling me that i may have to issue Daniel Craig an apology once i see the movie....

Daddy's Girl said...

Hey girl, yep we are still on... what time is it showing and where are we seeing it? Hmm... we'll see about apologizing to craggy-faced Craig. Will try to keep an open mind. LOL

Demi said...

Excusez moi plait! David is a ruggedly handsome man who also happens to be a very good actor indeed, i'll have you know! So, where are we going to watch this film then? :-)

DG, i'm jealous of Uzo. How come she's the only blogger who get's to hang out with you?

Daddy's Girl said...

Hey Desola, we saw it at the City Mall cinema. I think we both liked it. I thought it was much better than I expected.

...so when you are you visiting Naija next so we can all hang out? You should ask when I'll be swinging by London? Honestly, sometimes, I feel like I know you already, just from reading your blog!

Have a great week...